The problem that you are suffering from is very common among individuals of different ages. It occurs because of a number of causes and is sometimes so painful to handle that it gets difficult for a person to walk properly. The scientific name of this disease is Onychomycosis which is mainly caused by the attack of a fungus on the toe area of the feet.
Symptoms of Onychomycosis
There is nothing worse than the pain of nails happening in the form of onychomycosis when you have to bear it and hide it from people at the same time. It starts appearing in the form of a small yellow spot on the tip of the nail and then it spreads over to the whole nail.
The condition develops with time if left untreated. The infected nail may convert to a thick, ragged shape and become painful. The color of the nail changes to dark yellow and becomes uncomfortable without any treatment. Even sometimes, the problem is so severe that it does not get any better even after treatment or remedies. So, if you feel you are at the verge of developing this disease, treat it as soon as it is possible.
Causes of toenail Fungus
The reason why we are telling you some of the causes of toenail fungal problems is because it gets easier to handle it when you know how to control the causal factors.
The disease has its roots in the unhygienic environment and other adverse conditions which is all because of the carelessness. Some of the major causes of Onychomycosis are:
- Being exposed to moisture and staying in the humid environment conditions.
- Synthetic socks can cause a number of skin issues to your feet and toe nails if you do not take care of its cleanliness.
- A weak immune system that has a very small ability to fight with the disease or any fungal attacks.
- Shoes that you wear for a long time and it causes severe sweat in your feet can also lead to fungal problem.
- Poor hygienic conditions occur when you work or stay in a place where dirt and filth is common and you do not wash or clean your feet effectively.
- Poor circulation of blood in the feet area can also make your feet vulnerable to such a condition.
These causal conditions are the most observed situations which led to the problem of toenail fungal issues.
Check Out : Where To Buy ZetaClear
Home remedies for Onychomycosis – toenail fungus
There are a number of home remedies that have been found effective in treating the problem of toenail fungus. All these remedies are safe to apply as they involve all natural substances and have a little reaction probability.
- Tea Tree Oil
All you have to do is follow the steps and apply it onto the affected area:
- Take one tea spoon of olive oil and mix it with a few drops of tea tree oil.
- The mixture should then be applied on to the nails that have been attacked by fungus. This should be applied using cotton or a tissue paper.
- Leave the nail as such for 10 minutes and then scrap the mixture off your nails with the help of a tooth brush.
This should be done twice or thrice a day for effective results. The ability of tree tea oil in fighting with fungus as an antiseptic has been studied for years. This is why it is used in a number of antiseptics.
- Mix a little amount of vinegar in warm water which should be double in quantity than vinegar.
- Sock your toes in this vinegar mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, wash your nail with water and dry your feet efficiently. Do not keep them moist.
Vinegar has the ability to fight with the infections and fungus and also it helps to maintain an optimum level of skin’s pH.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
The acidic nature of this vinegar destroys the future planning of spreading of fungus to the surrounding area. It fights with the fungus and bacteria and kills them from their roots.
- Take equal amount of water and apple cider vinegar and mix them. Steep your feet into the mixture for about half an hour and then take them out and dry them thoroughly.
- Another possible way of using apple cider vinegar for treating toenail fungus is to mix it with ground rice flour and make a paste out of it. This paste should be applied on the nails. Apply it daily and it will help you to give life to the dead cells and will make your skin better in terms of healing.
- Oregano Oil
The effect of oregano oil is well understood in terms of its actions as an antiviral, antiseptic, antifungal, antiparasitic, antibacterial and analgesic features. It thus helps fight with the fungus that has attacked your nails.
- Take a teaspoon of olive oil and in that, add 4 to 5 drops of Oregano Oil.
- Apply this mixture over your nails.
- Keep it there for half an hour.
- After it, clean it up and dry your toes.
- Apply it twice or thrice a day for effective results.
All of these home remedies are easy to apply and are effective as well. But before treatment, we need to tell you that you must stay away from moisture, dirt and humidity. Also, keep good care of your body’s cleanliness in order to refrain from any future fungus attack.
Useful Reading : ZetaClear Side Effects & Ingredients
There is nothing better than health in this world or let’s say there is no substitute of health. Do not let anything happen to any part of your body just because of your carelessness.
Do apply these home remedies and let us know about your experience so that it helps other people to get rid of the similar condition. Stay clean, stay healthy!